With the Christmas spirit floating around us in the stores and on the radio, I decided to do a Christmas related TAG post! Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday and I am always looking for an excuse to sing Christmas songs. So if you have never heard of a TAG, this is basically me answering themed questions with bookish answers. So without further ado, lets get into it.
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
Probably the Darcy’s from “Pride and Prejudice” because I have always wanted to go to Pemberley and they would have some really good food with them. Plus, after I’m done stuffing myself I can walk around their beautiful estate. It would be perfect.
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
You mean besides an unlimited gift card to Barnes and Noble? I would love to get a better book shelf. Or a candle with a bookish scent.
3. A character who you think would make the perfect Christmas elf?
Huh, I’m not 100% sure on this one. Probably Margaretha from “The Princess Spy” because she is super romantic and bubbly. I bet she gives the best Christmas gifts. Plus she already wears green so…
4. Match a book with its perfect Christmas song.
For this one I think I’ll pair “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” with the book “Jane Eyre”. I haven’t read this book yet, but I know the story line and I think it’s about Jane finding a steady home. Plus she ends up coming back to Mr. Rochester. So many feels for these.
5. A book or character that you have been disappointed in and think should be on the naughty list.
“The Elite” from the Selection series goes here! I was incredibly frustrated while reading this book and had to force myself to finish it. And, the America in this book, needs to go on the naughty list. She just made too many bad decisions. *annoyed grunting in the background*
6. A book or character that you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be on the nice list.
“Joseph” By Terri Fivash needs more love. In my opinion, this is the very best of her work so far. The only thing that could make it better *Spoiler!!* is Kai coming back!!! *End* Anyway, I read this book in seven days straight. (The book is nearly 700 pages so).
7. Red, Gold, and Green: A book cover that has a wonderfully Christmas feel to it.
“Let it Snow” By John Green and others. It is a holiday book and has snowflakes on the cover. The cover speaks for itself here.
8. A book or series that you love so much that you want everyone to find it under their Christmas tree this year.
“Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen. I think anyone can enjoy the humor and drama in this book. You will hear me recommend this book all the time because it is a classic and so good.
That’s it for the TAG. “Let it Snow” is next on my TBR so I will have a review of that in the next week or so. Happy reading and enjoy the holidays.